Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Shameless Plug

So, I’m not afraid to admit that I still like Phish. And, by “still like,” I mean “still love” and by “still love” I mean get squeamish in that Pharmer’s Almanac kind of way when somebody or something reminds me of the first time I found “Fee” (summer camp ‘92) or the one time I heard “Harpua” (7/29/03, dude!). I mean, I know nobody ever liked Phish and that 65,000 people just happened to make a wrong turn into Limestone, ME, en route to an Arcade Fire show in Montreal that one August, but I was there for the genuine jamband geek out. In fact, I love Phish so much that while I clearly wish they’d come back, I don’t think they should---at least not know. And if seeing Trey Anastasio speak at the 92nd St. Y last weekend didn’t validate that opinion, I’m not sure what will.


I’m not sure how to describe the evening except that I held my bladder for longer than I have since the summer of 2004. Here is a review/mini-essay I composed for Relix…



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading your article I was reminded that i still do miss phish and those great years I had. All the people, and planning of where to go and how to get there. Things have changed and I have moved on but would go back in a heartbeat. I have been unable to stop listening to some shows that i have not listened to in 2 or 3 years. thanks for the reminder of my past love and why I loved it so much. Not much beats relistening to your first YEM or that time they broke out curtain with, and the list goes on.
Your article after coventry is still one of my all time favorites.

the_goff said...

great piece mike.

I like these pieces so much more because WE, the reader, allow ourselves to be editor and skip over what WE OURSELVES deem as important or not.

No editing! woo-hoo. nice, easy piece to read.

thanks a lot Greeny

the_goff said...

mike,

no editing on these pieces! thank you.

allow us, the readers, to filter what it and what is not important!

nice easy read with great further introspection into the interview we all anticipated.

Not only did you review trey, but you also reviewed Anthony D's interviewing prowess also! nice, UNEDITED read!

thanks Greeny.

the_goff.
elmira, NY