Thursday, October 30, 2008

Twitter Typos

I know I am kind of behind the curve on this one (i.e. Dave Matthews has been doing it for months) but I finally signed onto Twitter yesterday. I’ve also linked my Twitter account to this here blog, so you can follow my micro-mumblings our your right.

Less than 24-hours in, a bunch of my internet-savvy friends have already told me that “they don’t get Twitter” (despite having handles themselves), but I theoretically like the whole Twitter thing. First off, I’m continually fascinated by how RSS feeds have turned our social lives into the Truman Show, and Twitter seems like a natural progression from simply updating my Facebook status every time I pick up my dry cleaning. Second, it is a nice exercise in concise writing since I am told I can’t go over 140 characters, let alone words. Finally, I feel like I have my brightest ideas when I’m kind of buzzed at a bar and being able to upload those fuzzy thoughts before they spill out of my brain and into my trademark 7 & 7 will prove once and for all if they still sound intelligent when I’m not intoxicated.

So I hope you all enjoy, at least until someone figures out how to Twit what I’m thinking directly onto my computer’s screen (think music, girls and chocolate milk, in reverse order).

No comments: