Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Jamband Outing of the Week: MGMT


I really, really, really wish MGMT put on a good live show. Especially since I’ve had “Kids,” “Time to Pretend” and/or “Electric Feel” alternately stuck in my head since my co-worker first played MGMT for me last summer. But, after now seeing MGMT no less than three times in two months, I'm going to place them in the same life changing album/poor live show pantheon that housed The Shins until they added an extra member before touring behind Wincing the Night Away. And hopefully like the Shins, in time they’ll learn to deliver. I mean, after all, they were Phish-kids back in college. Oops, did I just say that on the internet? Anyway, let’s take a step back and read this 2003 article from their college newspaper...back when they opened for Jacob Fred Jazz Odyssey. Silly hipsters, didn't anyway ever teach you to take any and all incriminating evidence off the interweb before buying your first bandanna? Speaking of incriminating evidence, I'm going to go put on "Electric Feel" and bounce around my room as if I was jumping on the floor piano from Big.


1 comment:

Nihilist Loves Hate, Hates Everything said...

Dude, you should copy that shit so you still have it after they eventually DO make Wesleyan take it down. So you can so, Seriously guys--I KNOW.