Thursday, February 02, 2006

Social Schizophrenia

A friend of mine recently asked me to make a playlist. I think it captures my mood circa Fall 2005- Spring 2006

When I'm Happy: Benevento/Russo Duo: Best Reason to Buy the Sun ("Becky")

When I'm Sad: Elliot Smith: From a Basement ("Twilight")

When I'm Pensive: Ryan Adams and the Cardinals: Cold Roses ("Sweet Illusions")

When I Want to Feel Like a Hipster: Ambulance LTD-Self Titled ("Anecdote")

When I want to Feel Like a Hippie: Steel Train: Twilight Tales from the Prairies of the Sun

When I want to Feel Like a Hickster: My Morning Jacket: Z

When I want to Get Laid: ALO: Fly Between Falls ("Girl I Want to Lay You Down")

When I want to Bounce: Brothers Past: This Feeling Called Goodbye ("The Cal"l)

When I want to Pretend Like I Discovered Something New but Really Know Everyone Else Knows About It: The Postal Service: Give Up ("Sleep In")

When I want the Dead to tour again: Bruce Hornsby and the Noisemakers: Bring in the Noisemakers ("Lady with a Fan")

When I'm Feeling Academic: Sujan Stevens Illinois

When I'm Feeling Like a character on the OC: Wilco Yankee Foxtrot Hotel

When I'm Feeling Like Mikey circa 1999: Guster, Keep it Together, ("Backyard")

When I'm Wishing I Saw Soul Coughing: Mike Doughty, Skittish ("The Only Answer")

No comments: